It’s been a fast and fulfilling month. I have much to be grateful for as you can see in the following list.
1. The Packers Winning the Super Bowl - If you were to ask me at the beginning of the season which team I’d root for to win the Super Bowl, I would have said the Packers. I know, I know, I’m still working on the Jets being my team, but Aaron Rodgers and Jahvid Best (former Cal players) are easily my favorite players in the league.
I was so happy for Aaron Rodgers and Packer nation, including Carl and Chris Park.
2. Extraordinary Seminar with Ron Vogt on “Bearing the Cross: Being Real and in Relationship. Ron has influenced me greatly, and to hear some of his latest reflections felt like drinking from a deep well.
3. Seeing Peter, Jenny, and Eli on President’s Day Weekend. I couldn’t be happier to see them. Seriously.
4. Reading Tim Keller’s newest book, King’s Cross. The book is quite splendid – I simply pause, ponder, and soak in the beauty of Christ at the end of each chapter.
It was quite random to see them filming, so I just parked and Kimberly Jones and I kept inching closer and closer until one of the crewmen asked us to go to the other side of the street.
I’m pretty sure Tina Fey said “hi” to me with her unassuming glance.
6. Retreat-ing with 43 others last weekend. Highlights included: Worship in Singing times (thanks Craig and Heriberto!), Shaming Shame rituals, Bearing One Another’s Shame, Taboo (Unlimited Passes, Stool, Menus or “Men use”), Raw and Honest Conversation, Hitch, Conversations about Awkward Christian Dating, Sweet Clementines, and quite simply, Connecting with some really wonderful people.
Special shout out to Dr. Jay Feld, therapist extraordinaire, retreat speaker, and dear friend. It’s hard to believe we’ve partnered together for this retreat for six years straight.
Thanks for sharing, Jay.