I haven’t blogged in a few weeks, mostly because my days have been quite full with various activities. I thought I’d give a snapshot of some of what we’ve been up to the past few weeks.
1. We started Launch Team Gatherings for Hope Church NYC! It’s been glorious fun. Some hiccups here and there, but we’re so excited for what’s to come!
2. Went to the Train Show at the Bronx Botanical Garden with Pete, Jen, and Eli back in December. If you haven’t been, it’s really an amazing exhibit.
3. Went to a Knicks game, compliments of dear friends Tom and Edna – the best seats we’ve ever had! I’ve come to realize that the Knicks have the best fans in the world. This clicked for me as I watched MSG rockin while the Knicks played the Bobcats. Oh, and Tom has a ridiculous knack for running into celebrities. Ridiculous.
4. Went to Houston for New Year’s and Tina’s birthday. It was my first New Year’s outside of NYC in I-don’t-remember-how-long-it’s-been. I love my in-laws and I love Houston, Texas. I also love all the friends my wife has introduced me to. I’ll probably write about this one day – how I feel so lucky to have met the people I have through my wife. Yes.
5. Had a perspective-shifting class at Fuller in Los Angeles with Leith Anderson. My next blog post will allude briefly to the class, but in short, meeting and learning from Leith and his wife Charleen (along with other leaders from around the world) was a great privilege.
6. In LA, got to hang with my mom, my brothers Stephen and Phillip and their families, and good friends Mike, Ivan, Stacey, Deb, Loc, and Christina. So blessed to have amazing family and friends on the West Coast.
7. Went to a Memorial Gathering in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. put on by some senior friends at Roosevelt Island, many of whom lived through the Civil Rights Movement. Thanks Uncle Jim! It was such a gift to be there.
8. We’re having a baby very soon…
It’s been a great few weeks… 2012 is going to be quite a ride.